These crowd pleasing green chile chicken enchiladas are your quick fix for a weeknight dinner! Super simple and easily customizable. I love to pair these with a quick spicy slaw for some texture and veggies as well as some acid to balance that creamy filling. Here's how I do it:
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 can black beans drained and cleaned
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 4oz can of green chilies
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Cayenne
1 tsp Trader Joes Chili Lime Seasoning (optional but YUM)
1 tsp Cumin
1 Tbsp your fav hot sauce (I used Guacamaya)
Tortillas - I used burrito sized flour tortillas. You can use whatever you like best.
1 can green enchilada sauce
1 package monterey jack cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Literally just mix the filling ingredients together until well combined. I like to put on a glove and use my hands so I can get down and dirty in that cream cheese.
3. Spray/ grease your baking dish(es).
4. Stuff tortillas with our filling mixture and roll them up.
5. Once your baking dish is filled with our stuffed tortillas, cover with green enchilada sauce and monterey jack cheese.
6. Cover with tinfoil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Uncover and broil on high for 5 minutes. *ovens are different so keep an eye on your enchiladas so they don't get tooooo crispy*