These crowd pleasing green chile chicken enchiladas are your quick fix for a weeknight dinner! Super simple and easily customizable. I love to pair these with a quick spicy slaw for some texture and veggies as well as some acid to balance that creamy filling. Here's how I do it:
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 can black beans drained and cleaned
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 4oz can of green chilies
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Cayenne
1 tsp Trader Joes Chili Lime Seasoning (optional but YUM)
1 tsp Cumin
1 Tbsp your fav hot sauce (I used Guacamaya)
Tortillas - I used burrito sized flour tortillas. You can use whatever you like best.
1 can green enchilada sauce
1 package monterey jack cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Literally just mix the filling ingredients together until well combined. I like to put on a glove and use my hands so I can get down and dirty in that cream cheese.
3. Spray/ grease your baking dish(es).
4. Stuff tortillas with our filling mixture and roll them up.
5. Once your baking dish is filled with our stuffed tortillas, cover with green enchilada sauce and monterey jack cheese.
6. Cover with tinfoil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Uncover and broil on high for 5 minutes. *ovens are different so keep an eye on your enchiladas so they don't get tooooo crispy*
1/2 red onion sliced thin
1 package of cabbage or 1/2 head of cabbage sliced thin
Handful of cilantro chopped
1/3 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp hot sauce
1/2 tsp Lime juice
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp chili garlic paste
1/2 tsp salt
1. Mix all dressing ingredients well until thoroughly combined.
2. Add in red onion, cabbage, and cilantro and toss until everything is thoroughly coated. *feel free to add in other veggies if desired. I like to add tomato sometimes but I am planning on eating this as "meal prep" throughout the week so I didn't add them as they can make the slaw funky over time. However, I will add tomato later if I want!*
To serve, throw some enchiladas on your plate and add your coleslaw as a topping or a side. I like to add a little more hot sauce and maybe some fresh lime and cilantro if the mood is right ;)
And that's it! See- super simple. Try this out and let me know what you think!